Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Audacity of Hov: Barack receives a little help from his friends


So basically Jay is donating free concerts to newly registered voters in Detroit and Miami given that they are urban centers in key swing states. Why do all the cool things happen to the people that didn't register yet?? Its like because I'm on top of my civic responsibilities I can't come up on some free Jigga tix.

I kid of course. Its just good to see successful artists take a vested interest in a presidential election. Funny that their preferred candidate is gonna screw their tax bracket, but I'm just glad that they can see beyond themselves. Charles Barkley infamously conceded that he is "too rich to not be a Republican," but thankfully many (including those in the post above) see that the stakes are a tad bit higher this time around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment