Saturday, October 4, 2008

DON'T VOTE! (Or maybe do?)


Of course this is just another left-leaning group of Hollywood elites whoopin it up for some communist bra burning right? Naw not really (except maybe for Sarah Silverman). I'd prefer to call it a group of engaged citizens utilizing their influence to do some non-partisan outreach for the good of the country. Regardless of your politics, we have a right that people have fought and died for. Who are we to brush it off?

I went to this panel tonight on hip-hop's place in the 2008 election and Public Enemy's Chuck D put it like this: "You don't have to vote just like you don't have to bathe. But when shit stinks, you can't look around and start complaining, because its you."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't lie, perhaps my favorite moment was Courtney Cox musing, "I had five friends...."

Coolhand Luke said...

That was funny and rather subtle. My fave was dude from Superbad

"I've never done a war on drugs. I haven't done shit on drugs but play Halo 2."

"Darfur? That sounds like a t-shirt company."

Love that dude

Post a Comment