Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pretty Buoyant Society: "Schizophrenic Love"

World premier "fusic" (and lego art) from the boys Drizz and Phatrick of the Pretty Buoyant Society. I was going to properly introduce PBS myself, but I think I'll have to defer to the horse's mouth. Adriel writes:
Across cyberspace, and all up in your interface--it is with technically-advanced pleasureness that we present to you, Pretty Buoyant Society: a hi-octane force of musical extravagance that finds its roots in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and perhaps some corners of America. PBS ambassadors Drizzletron (of iLL-Literacy) and DJ Phatrick serve a first taste entitled "Schizophrenic Love," a tale of romance so forlorn, the volcanic powers of the lava lady Golda Supernova had to be summoned. Add the eruptive heat from the b-side "Hot Chocolate," and you have the most delicious download your hard drive will ever coax into its cache.
Aside from being a dope track, I think we can all relate to the concept of schizophrenic love. How many of us have realized that the "she loves me/ she loves me not" extremes are overly simplistic and that our relationships are often mired in our own dualing desires and indecision? I think Golda Supanova hits the nail on the head when she tells her boo "Hold me close, now set me free." Can we ever have both?

0 comments:

Post a Comment