Sunday, August 14, 2011

Video: Raphael Saadiq: "Movin' On Down The Line (Don't You Go Away)"


Raphael Saadiq does not miss when it comes to dope videos and gorgeous costars. On “Movin’ Down The Line” he splices footage of his recent globetrotting with his return to the arms of his girl. The quick cuts make you realize how grueling touring is, but also how amazing it is to hold court with thousands of adoring fans on a weekly basis. "This song is really close to my heart, and the video reflects my entire journey as a musician, and life on the road," Saadiq told Boombox. "Not even my family get a chance to view me this way. 'Movin' Down the Line' captures the best feeling ever, in your soul, heart and mind."

Aside from the glimpse into his personal time on the road, it’s the drop-dead beauty of his partner, and the on screen intimacy they create, that makes this video pop. This type of music video takes the loaded title of ‘vixen’ away from the female protagonist, and reminds us that actual love can exist in present day R&B. Does any one know her name? I think I have a crush.

Shout out to one of Oakland’s favorite native sons!

1 comments:

josh said...

awesome

Post a Comment