Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sports: The Referees Vs. The Raiders



The other day on Twitter the infamous Tuck Rule came up. If you’re a Raider fan, you are all too familiar with the Tuck Rule. During the Raiders and Patriots 2002 AFC play-off showdown, I was at the opera. Well actually I was in the lobby listening to the game on my walkman. As time wound down, Charles Woodson forced Brady to fumble, Biekert recovered and we were home free! Until we weren’t. Naturally, the referees had to conjure up a never before used rule to screw the Raiders out of their chance at glory. The aftermath had me sprawled face down on the marble floor of the Scottish Rite Temple’s lobby.  

When I recently went in search of video for it, I found out that the Tuck Rule had been named the second most controversial call in NFL history. The first? You guessed it, the Immaculate Reception. This is all evidence of the Raiders biggest rivalry to date. Not a rivalry against a team they face off with once a year, but rather a crew of zebra striped mercenaries that they have to negotiate every week, the referees. Without further ado, I present to you the #1 and #2 most controversial NFL plays of all time.


Do you think the Raiders got screwed? Or is it all hype?

0 comments:

Post a Comment