Monday, December 14, 2009

Throwback: En Vouge: "Never Gonna Get It"


I keep saying I'm gonna start a weekly Thursday Throwback post on this site to highlight the rich musical history here in the Bay Area. As you may have noticed however, many Thursdays have passed without any such post, and now, here it is a Monday night, and I decide to post something. I do apologize for the lack of discipline, but the home girl Isis G just referenced En Vogue's "Never Gonna Get It" on twitter, and so I had to throw up a lil sumthin sumthin in tribute.

If you don't know, En Vouge is from this little city I happen to love called Oakland, CA. The group was born in The Town in 1989 (That would be the year the A's swept the Giants in the World Series) and went on to be one of the most successful female groups of all time. They have been nominated and received several prestigious awards over their history, but of particular note is that they have won more MTV video music awards than any other female group in history. And yes, their seven VMAs are more than Destiny's Child ever accrued. Here is a performance of one of their many hits at one such awards show. Run the tape.

0 comments:

Post a Comment