Nio The Gift is taking the Bay by storm these days. The Richmond YG is spitting bars around the competition and saying some pretty real and thought provoking stuff in the process. Nio's latest effort, "Angels & Demons," follows his signature sound of cool angst. You get the sense that Nio is resilient, introspective and fly all at the same time- a budding hood intellectual in the tradition of Mistah FAB.
"Angels & Demons" samples the Cutting Crew's oft-used 1986 power ballad, "(I Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight," but Nio makes it his own.
"I'm from South Richmond, you know what my hood like/
Used to do some bad things, tryna live the good life/
Yeah I got hood stripes, I go where you can't go/
Folks know I'm a good man, there's blood on my hands though"
DL: "Angels & Demons"- Nio The Gift

0 comments:
Post a Comment