Sunday, October 18, 2009

Town Shit? Shannon & The Clams

Buwahahaha. You decide, is Oakland ready for a little indy-punk, garage surf-rock? Mas para ti :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hell naw they aint from The Town! They nuthin but a bunch of trust fund/hipster/yuppie gentrifiers trying to say they town bizzz. I got a better idea. Have them walk down macarthur from the deep all the way to the west and let the REAL Town folk decide! My vote is NO!

Coolhand Luke said...

LoL. I hella feel that, but I'm also trying to be open-minded. They may not be from The Town, but I feel like our definition of real Oaklanders is too narrow. There are actually more white folks in Oakland than black folks, so it follows that our local music scene will reflect that.

If they were tryna front like they were hard, then I'd support your motion to put em on the strip as you suggest, but they're not making those claims.

I'm not really into their genre of music, but I'm trying to expand my horizons and expose the rest of Oakland to different stuff. I feel you on the gentrification/ hipster shit tho. Thats a whole other can of worms.

Post a Comment