Saturday, September 19, 2009

Seth Smith Makes Most Of Second Chance

I came across this article about Oakland Tech alum Seth Smith who plays for the New Mexico State Aggies. I suggest everyone read this article about Seth by the Las Cruces Sun-News, which talks about not only his recent success, but the struggles he has endured. It put some things in perspective for me as a young college student and I hope it gives you guys some knowledge as well. Enjoy! Excerpt below:
Wilson would know better than anyone else. He recruited Smith from College of the Sequoias in California in hopes that the running back would be a contributor for the Aggies. Smith arrived on campus for spring football practice and was expected to help the team out of the backfield, both as a runner and a receiver.
Things didn't go as planned though. Smith and the previous coaching staff had their differences, and the 5-foot-8, 198-pound junior left the program.
Smith went back to his home in Oakland, Calif., where he worked at a port moving boxes. With his scholarship gone and football out of his life, it was gut-check time for the 21 year old.

1 comments:

Clif Soulo said...

I remember him. glad he making things happen.

Post a Comment