Hey Raider fans, do you remember how bad Jeff Hostetler was? Let's get him back.Yeah I said it. Ja-off-the-marc-us may have hit a couple wide open receivers late, but for much of the game he looked like an overgrown high school quarterback struggling with sight and basic motor skills. Does he have a cannon? Yes. But a cannon isn't exactly the weapon of a marksman. If a strong arm equaled success, then maybe a certain Jeff George would have led us to a Super Bowl. The reality is, it isn't.
The sooner that Al Davis understands that 1960's-era vertical offenses aren't functional in the 21st century, the better for Oakland. However, given his penchant for strong arms and sprinters, perhaps it has been Al Davis telling Russell to throw ill-advised Hail Marys every time he's hurried. I'm all for Russell's development, but right now he's playing 3 Flys Up or 3-and-out on nearly every possession, and neither is making 7s for #2.
The Raiders sucked all around all day, but somehow pulled out the victory that they earned last week against San Diego. What goes around, comes around I guess.
1 comments:
Ninnnners
Post a Comment