Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Street Sweeper Remixes MIA's "Paper Planes"


The quality of this video isn't stellar, but I want yall to be aware that Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello and The Coup's Boots Riley have formed a new super group called Street Sweeper. I wrote on them a couple months ago, but Ima keep yall in the loop because I'm guessing this will be a proper mash up of rap and rock (unlike Limp Bizkit & Kid Rock).

Boots is an Oakland native who has been a luminary in the local underground scene for a long time, but is often overlooked due in part to his insightful political and social commentary. Hopefully partnering with the world famous former Rage guitarist will allow him to finally reach more ears.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gotta say... I was at this show and was pretty underwhelmed. Maybe it's just because I retired my RATM t-shirt back in 8th grade, or because I love the Coup so much, but I wish this collab had never happened.

If it gets Boots some much-deserved attention though, I'm all for it

Coolhand Luke said...

Thanks for the 1st hand account. Yeah, I'm hoping it will be good, but of course there isnt necessarily natural chemistry and they might have surpassed their period of relevance. But yeah, it would be great to see Boots get some much deserved props

Post a Comment