Thursday, October 2, 2008

"I (Ba)rock with Obama but I ain't no politician"


(October 2, 2008 – New York, NY) VIBE magazine announces its November 2008 cover today with Barack Obama, marking it the first time in history that the leading lifestyle publication has ever formally endorsed a Presidential nominee. In the issue, Editor-in-Chief Danyel Smith writes, "…I am clear about what must be done. The staff is behind me. This is a formal endorsement, by VIBE magazine, of Senator Barack Obama…We built hip hop from nothing something. We can do anything."

This historic collector's edition also marks the second time that VIBE has placed the Senator of Illinois on its cover after being the first music magazine to do so in September 2007.

In an unprecedented one-page letter exclusive to VIBE readers, Obama also calls out today's youth, urging them to take a stand and vote for change. He writes, "Dear VIBE Readers…I am running for President to take this country in a new direction. But I can't do it alone. I need you. Whether it's the first time, or the first time in a long time, I need you to register and vote on November 4th."

VIBE magazine's November 2008 issue will be available on newsstands nationwide on October 21st. For more information, visit www.vibe.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment