Sunday, July 10, 2011

New Music: Marcell William: "My Baby"



My Baby is a different sound for Marcell William. On first listen, I wasn't sure that it was in fact Mr. Third Voice. I was expecting something more along the lines of Trigga Trey bedroom songs. If you've seen Marcell make girls scream at The New Parish, you know why. Written by Esinchill, the latest DopeOnly-backed track is decidedly adult. It has a fun bounce. It's two-step friendly. And it's an R&B song that, gasp, isn't overtly sexual.

There will be no grinding in dark corners of local clubs. It's not panty dropping music. It's not baby making music. And in a music landscape where those things are the norm (unless you're trying to pull off R&B thug), I'm thinking "My Baby" is a step in the right direction. A step away from the crowd. Even if it's only for this one song. 

2 comments:

Kış Bahçesi said...

voice : 4 star
handsome : 5 star :P

Anonymous said...

Bay Area hip-hop duo The Jealous Guys are tearing up the local scene. Check out their song Genesis here: http://thejealousguys.viinyl.com/

Post a Comment